Network Capital Funding Corporation
November 1, 2011
This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
1. Information We Collect. We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information”. We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-borrowers), including their name, address and phone number.
2. How We Collect and Use Information.
a. How We Collect Information You Provide.
i. From You. We collect Information you provide to us: in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our services. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
ii. Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties such as: credit reports, information about your home and demographic information. We do not pull a credit bureau report on loan customers without their permission.
1. Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes.
2. Other Technologies. We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
b. How We Use Information.
i. In General. We may use Information to:
ii. Financial Information. If you request a loan through Network Capital Funding Corporation, we will use financial information to determine your eligibility for a loan and to charge you for any processing or appraisal fees.
3. With Whom do we Share Your Information
a. Investors. In submitting a request for a loan product or service offered through this website, when you click “Accept and Continue” or otherwise signify your agreement to proceed you are consenting to the disclosure of your PII with Network Capital Funding Corporation. If you continue with the loan process we will share your PII with third party investors to whom Network Capital Funding Corporation intends to transfer your loan after closing. Please note that no credit check will be performed by us unless you authorize us to do so by submitting a completed loan request.
b. Services Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf including service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan. These third parties include, without limitation credit bureaus, title companies, flood or other insurance companies, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents, marketing and customer services firms, credit card, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
c. Other Situations. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion:
4. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share Non-PII with third parties at our discretion.
5. Third Party Links and Policies. Our website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the United States or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you.
a. We will not share any personal information about you with other Businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law; and
b. You have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
i. the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
ii. the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
iii. if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is: CustomerService@NetworkCapital.net
7. Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information.
a. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services. Public forums are not intended for the disclosure of PII. To the extent you provide PII in any public forum, it is at your own risk.
b. Federal and state regulations require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
8. How we Protect your PII. We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Network Capital Funding Corporation
5 Park Plaza, #800
Irvine, CA 92614